Hello sparkling unicorns out there,
it’s tingling in my throat, so spicy!! YUMM!!
Easy to make, low-budget, healthy, vegan, delicious sweet potato soup!
For 2 very hungry or 4 not so hungry smoking’ hot lovers of those incredibly delicious and inexpensive roots you need:
- olive oil
- a big piece of fresh ginger, maybe the size of a golf ball, finely chopped
- a red chili, as hot as you can take it, seed removed, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp tumeric powder
- 1 big sweet potato, chopped into small cubes
- 3-4 medium- big carrots, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, agave or brown sugar
- about 3 cubs vegetable broth
- about 2 cups or more coconut milk
- maybe a few tbsp orange juice, but don’t overdo it - it will taste like baby food
- maybe some or a lot of fresh cilantro
- PUT ON YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC
- heat a medium sized pot. Pour some olive oil, the chopped ginger, chopped chili and turmeric. If it starts smelling awesome and starts burning your nose:
- throw in the chopped sweet potato and the carrots and the sugar. Stir. Put on the lid and wait for a few minutes, stir now and then.
- pour in the veg broth and let it cook until the veggies are soft.
- take off the heat and pour in the coconut milk and start pureeing. if smooth, try to enhance the taste with some orange juice and/or cilantro.
And now give yourself a good slab on your sexy ass and praise yourself for being an awesome cook, saving the world, one sweet potato at a time!