I bought and hung a huge hammock on my balcony today. It’s 11°C outside.
Listening to the first mix of our latest recording “Stay”. Birger did such an awesome job that my whole crappy weekend miraculously became wonderful. If you could only hear!! AH! <3
I made vanilla almond milk today! And you should, too! Save the planet and all!
Almond Milk Recipe (yields roughly 3 cups/ 3/4 l)
- 1 cup dry almonds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- a few drops of liquid stevia (you could use agave nectar or dates as well, but since I’d found out about the process of winning agave nectar and how much water it actually wastes, I use stevia; use dates only if your blender is strong enough to really liquify them.)
- soak the almonds overnight in filtered water, then drain them, throw them in a blender with 3 cups of filtered water
- add the seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean and a few drops of stevia (be careful! It is 300 x sweeter than sugar! … but less than half as sweet as you, sweet sexy vegan unicorn… rrrrrr… )
- blend a few seconds and pour everything into a nutmilkbag into a bowl or jug and squeeze it all out. (You can dry the almond meal and use it in gluten-free baked goods or in smoothies.)
- refrigerate for 3-5 days (I keep the milk in a glass bottle from Ikea that I sterilized in boiling water beforehand)
- give yourself a good slap on your hot ass for saving the world, one jug at a time